XENIA — Kil-Kare Raceway will be opening up in April for the 2016 season. The racing facility has a full season planned with a wide variety of family friendly entertainment awaiting everyone.
Kil-Kare Raceway had a very successful 2015 season that included some of largest crowds we have seen in a number of years and the track is looking forward to providing once again an outstanding motorsports experience for customers of all ages. The Kil-Kare Raceway 2016 schedules are available at www.kilkare.com and on the track’s social media outlets.
Here’s some of the highlights of the upcoming season. Kil-Kare will also have all of its regular Summit E.T. Series events and Weekly Test and Tune Programs to fulfill the fans’ weekly need for speed!
• May 15 — The Annual Blessing of the Bikes event, held annually on the third Sunday in May, provides an opportunity for all motorcycle riders to have their bikes blessed for a safe riding season. It also provides an opportunity for camaraderie and friendship in order to promote a positive image of motorcycling to the community at large. This event is dedicated to all veterans. The event raises funds for Ambucs and Greenebucs.
• June 4 — The Monster Truck Nationals will be back once again inside Kil-Kare Speedway for a spectacular event for
2016. This event will be kicked off with a Pit Party in the afternoon that will let everyone get up close to the monster trucks. Then great side-by-side competition, along with thrill show acts, will take place. The show will be capped off with a freestyle competition and will bring excitement to race fans of all ages.
• June 30 — The annual Night of Fire will be featuring the return of the Hanna Motorsports Jet Funny Cars: Top Secret and GOJO Firebird. Kil-Kare will also welcome back K.C. Jones and Team Steam with Cannonball Express and Chattanooga Choo-Choo jet-powered trains and the Crazy Train Wheel stander. Along with other exhibition acts and some always exciting Test and Tune action. This will be a sure “Fire” event for family friendly entertainment.
• July 9 — The Street Outlaws will make their first-ever appearance at Kil-Kare Raceway. The track will welcome Daddy
Dave Comstock with Goliath 2.0, alongside Chuck Seitsinger with his Death Trap Mustang. They will be making passes down the track and signing autographs during the day’s event. Who knows? Some of our locals might just call them out to see who really is the fastest on the track!
• August 20 — The Gathering of the Geezers Event is a chance to go back in time to day of old. This event will feature a
Car Show, Drag Racing and Huge Swap Meet. During the day we will honor the Kil-Kare Raceway Hall of Fame Class of 2016. This will be a great day for all generations to enjoy a day at the track and create those memories that will last for years to come.
• September 18 — Midwest Drift Union will crown its 2016 Champions in the series’ finale at Kil-Kare Raceway. This event will feature some of the Midwest’s Region Formula D Pro Am drivers and the up-and-coming talent of the future.
This will be a must see show for anyone who follows drifting or would like to see what the drift world is all about.
Story courtesy of Kil-Kare Raceway, 1166 Dayton-Xenia Road, Xenia, Ohio.