XENIA — The City of Xenia’s Board for Recreation, Arts and Cultural Activities (BRACA) will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4 at the city building.
Among the items on the agenda for that meeting is the election of a vice chairperson for 2014.
The board will discuss the upcoming 2013/2014 program and activities with any updated information from board members. Among the items that could be discussed are:
• Youth Recreation Basketball Program;
• Bloom With Xenia — Adopt a Spot and Volunteer Day on Saturday, May 10;
• Annual Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday, April 19 at Shawnee Park;
• Arbor Day Educational Day for Saturday, April 26;
• First Fridays which will be held May 2, June 6, July 4, Aug. 1 and Sept. 5 in 2014;
• Community Garden Plots;
• Beautification Certificates;
• Movies in the Park 2014, running June 6, July 4 and Aug. 1;
• Fishing Derby, scheduled for June 7; and
• Music in the Park 2014, June 1, June 15, July 6, July 20, Aug. 3 and Aug. 17.
The committee will also discuss and approve the City of Xenia Tree Brochure that is to be presented at the meeting.
It was also announced that meetings of two other city commissions have been cancelled because a lack of agenda items.
The Xenia Traffic Commission, scheduled for Monday, Feb. 3, has been cancelled. The commission will next meet on Monday, Mar. 3.
The Planning and Zoning Commission, to meet on Thursday, Feb. 6, was also shelved for February. The next meeting of that commission will be Thursday, Mar. 6.
William Duffield can be reached at 937-372-4444 ext. 133 or on Twitter @WilliamDuffield.