GREENVILLE - A juvenile was determined to be the cause of a residential fire at 604 Gray Ave. in Greenville Wednesday night.
According to the Greenville Fire Department, the fire began in a downstairs bedroom where the child was reported to have been playing with matches or a lighter. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the bed and framing only, however smoke filled the entire side of the duplex. The other side of the residence was unoccupied at the time and no damaged was visible.
The homeowners were all able to evacuate the residence and no injuries were reported.