- Therapy dogs offer comfort - 10:33 am
- Former Bellbrook doctor sentenced in pill mill case - 4:24 pm
- Xenia Christian class to graduate Saturday - 3:16 pm
- DeWine to run for governor in 2018 - 1:34 pm
- Xenia checkbook going online - 11:30 am
- Cedarville choir, band earn high marks - 11:14 am
- One dead after accident near Clifton - 3:07 pm
- Boil water advisory canceled - 2:36 pm
- Boonshoft professor receives award - 11:50 am
- Boonshoft researchers study use of marijuana edibles - 11:49 am
- XHS seniors awarded millions in scholarships - 11:48 am
- Xenia Community Schools Foundation awards scholarships - 11:48 am
- Some individuals at WPAFB advised to seek alternative water - 11:44 am
- Bellbrook Class of 2016 to graduate - 5:01 pm
- Museum fourth building to open - 4:34 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 2:41 pm
- Arrest made for Greenon threat - 4:38 pm
- SeniorPalooza set for Tuesday - 3:19 pm
- Xenia cash flow deficit may not be as bad - 12:23 pm updated: 12:28 pm.
- Wright-Patt Credit Union opens new center - 2:37 pm
- CASA volunteers sworn in - 2:36 pm
- Freezing/canning workshop scheduled - 2:35 pm
- Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team to play at WSU - 2:35 pm
- Be aware during stormy weather - 2:32 pm
- Two join Enon PD - 2:31 pm
- Museum offering weekly tours - 4:31 pm
- Chorus to present 55th annual show - 4:30 pm
- Lots going on in Xenia schools - 4:29 pm
- Young entrepreneurs selling products - 4:29 pm
- OVI checkpoints set for Thursday - 10:41 am updated: 11:24 am.
- Seven inducted into Fairborn Hall of Honor - 6:19 pm
- Airport closed for improvements - 1:22 pm
- WSU forms presidential search committee - 12:06 pm
- DeWine announces settlement for blind vendor at WPAFB - 12:00 pm
- Locals to graduate from Clark State - 8:38 am
- More housing coming to Fairborn - 5:07 pm
- Hungry no more, mom giving back - 5:05 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 8:31 am
- Therapy dogs offer comfort - 12:15 am updated: 10:42 am.
- Xenia to resume ‘Neighborhood Night Out’ events - 12:16 pm
- Fairborn police charge alleged air conditioner bandit - 8:25 am updated: 4:28 pm.
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 12:00 pm
- Pedestrian killed crossing Colonel Glenn Highway - 4:36 pm
- Student brings pot brownies to school - 10:21 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:38 am
- CU students in Shell Eco-Marathon - 3:25 pm
- Hospice to open new Xenia center - 2:18 pm
- Fairborn chamber hosting annual awards banquet - 2:14 pm
- Fairborn up for two awards - 2:13 pm
- Presenters selected for Fairborn schools Hall of Honor event - 2:10 pm
Boonshoft professor receives award
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — The Ohio Public Health Association recognized Marietta Orlowski, Ph.D., associate professor of community health at ...
Boonshoft researchers study use of marijuana edibles
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — Social media is shedding light on how people are consuming marijuana edibles, including brownies, cookies and candi...
XHS seniors awarded millions in scholarships
By Denny MorrisonXenia High School held its senior awards assembly to recognize the class of 2016. What a terrific event as 106 seniors were recognize...
Xenia Community Schools Foundation awards scholarships
Gazette News ReportXENIA – The Xenia Community Schools Foundation awarded a pair of scholarships during the high school’s recent award ass...
Some individuals at WPAFB advised to seek alternative water
Greene County News ReportWRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Wright-Patterson Air Force Base officials are responding to a requirement from the Oh...
Bellbrook Class of 2016 to graduate
Gazette News ReportBELLBROOK — Bellbrook High School Class of 2016 will graduate 2 p.m. Saturday, May 21 at Trent Arena in Kettering.Leading the...
Local Sports Briefs
HIGH SCHOOLFootballBottorff to be inducted into MVFCA HallXENIA — According to Xenia Schools Superintendent Denny Morrison, current Xenia High S...
San Jose Sharks heading to first Stanley Cup final
By Josh DubowAP Sports WriterSAN JOSE, Calif. — Two years after their most devastating playoff loss, the San Jose Sharks held their most meaning...
What to watch Friday at French Open: Murray vs Karlovic
By Samuel PetrequinAP Sports WriterPARIS — It’s hard to say who will be in better shape Friday when Andy Murray plays Ivo Karlovic in the ...
Carroll girls headed to Columbus
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comDAYTON — Carroll high jump coach Jeff Ross had been telling Patriots senior Julia Barbera that her min...
Tyson calls proposal to allow pros in Olympics ‘ridiculous’
The Associated PressBEIJING — A proposal to let professional fighters compete in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics is “ridiculous” and ...
Form and history against struggling Hamilton at Monaco GP
By Jerome PugmireAP Sports WriterMONACO — Lewis Hamilton heads into this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix with form and recent history against ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Gloria serves up schoolhouse rhubarb dessert
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookToday, we as a church had an excellent time together at what we call our “annual school picnic.”For the last ...
Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Parks upcoming events
Gazette News ReportBELLBROOK — The Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Parks will host a variety of upcoming programs held at the Community Center. Call 937-84...
Hospitality Center awards scholarship
Gazette News ReportXENIA — Hospitality Center for Rehabilitation and Healing awarded a $500 scholarship to Xenia High School senior Shelby Shous...
Greene County Fish and Game recognizes volunteers
By Larry MooreMoore OutdoorsThe Greene County Fish & Game Association annual fish fry provided the opportunity for the club leadership to recogniz...
Gloria attends an auction and serves up Trail Mix Bars
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookFirst, a friendly “hello” to our reader friends who read this column in the Ledger-Independent in Maysville, ...
One of the earliest roads: Bullskin Trace
By Joan BaxterOne of the earliest roads which provided transportation through Greene County was what was known as the Bullskin Trace or Bullskin Trail...
America must renew its infrastructure or face decline
By Jesse JacksonAmerica is literally falling apart. In Flint, children were poisoned in the lead contamination of the water. In Washington, the subway...
Remembering Dr. S. C. Ellis
XENIA — Dr. S.C. Ellis was a founding partner of Medical Service Associates, one of the first group medical practices in the United States. He w...
Detach and de-stress from politics
By Gery DeerDeer in HeadlinesA July 2014 article in The Washington Post included a headline that read, “Politicians are the No. 1 cause of stres...
More focus needed on medical mistakes
By Jay AmbroseFirst, do no harm. Doctors get that. They embrace it. It’s nevertheless the conclusion of a major study that medical mistakes kill...