Check-Up Day coming to county
Protecting Ohio pollinators
City alters leaf schedule
Children Services to host ‘Trunk or Treat’
- Protecting Ohio pollinators - 12:14 pm updated: 12:17 pm.
- City alters leaf schedule - 11:58 am updated: 12:11 pm.
- Children Services to host ‘Trunk or Treat’ - 11:58 am
- Smashing pumpkins - 11:56 am
- AG: Heroin epidemic unlike any other - 11:55 am updated: 12:04 pm.
- WSU students train at Calamityville - 6:56 am
- Campaign helps parents protect teen drivers - 8:48 am
- Turner’s parents vote early - 8:47 am
- Education Digest - 8:47 am
- Adult Probation agency re-accredited - 8:46 am
- Xenia Police Reports - 8:43 am
- Issue 21 an investment in schools - 2:26 pm
- Sugarcreek fire/EMS issue on ballot - 2:25 pm
- Greeneview royalty - 8:30 am
- Cedarville to host election forum - 8:30 am
- House of Horrors coming to X*ACT - 8:30 am
- AFIT offers graduate programs - 8:29 am
- Organization awards 2 local students - 8:29 am
- Reaching for the moon - 8:29 am
- Program finds employment for partners - 8:29 am
- Bull Riding event coming to Nutter - 11:14 am
- Fairborn to become Scareborn - 11:13 am
- EPD joins crime task force - 11:13 am
- Bellbrook teacher wins grant - 11:12 am
- CSU receives grant from Ohio AG - 11:11 am
Adult Probation agency re-accredited
Greene County NewsXENIA — The Greene County Court of Common Pleas Judges, Michael A. Buckwalter and Stephen A. Wolaver announce Melissa Litteral...
Xenia Police Reports
Gazette News ReportSept. 228:52 p.m. — Juvenile Complaint West Main Street and North Progress Drive.9:24 p.m. — Missing Person 700 block o...
Issue 21 an investment in schools
By Scott Halaszshalasz@civitasmedia.comXENIA — Voters in the Xenia Community School District are being asked to pass a levy in November to allow...
Sugarcreek fire/EMS issue on ballot
By Anna DeWineadewine@civitasmedia.comSUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP — Residents in Sugarcreek Township will vote on a replacement levy Tuesday, Nov. 8 reg...
Cedarville to host election forum
Greene County NewsCEDARVILLE — Helping citizens navigate through the stormy presidential election is the goal of the 90-minute forum “Elec...
Redmon rushes to record
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comFAIRBORN — K.J. Redmon put himself in the record books on Friday night, and the host Fairborn Skyhawks...
Greene County NewsCounty high school action‘Creek VB tops XeniaBEAVERCREEK — The Beavercreek volleyball team advanced in tournament play O...
Buckeyes’ Barrett can add to his Heisman resume at Penn State
By Eric OlsonAP College Football WriterSome things to watch in the Big Ten on Saturday:GAME OF THE WEEKNo. 2 Ohio State at Penn State. The Buckeyes go...
Carroll blanks Valley View
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comXENIA — The rain during Thursday night’s Division II sectional semifinal high school soccer matc...
Greene County NewsCounty college actionWomen soccer match postponedFAIRBORN — The Wright State women’s soccer match against Northern Kentu...
LeBron, Cavs start NBA season in new role as champions
By Tom WithersAP Sports WriterCLEVELAND — LeBron James took one last look over his shoulder at the scoreboard in Oracle Arena just to be sure.It...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Three authors to visit Books & Co.
Greene County NewsBEAVERCREEK — Books & Co. at The Greene will host several authors and events in the coming weeks. Books & Co. is locat...
Premier hosts brake for breakfast
Greene County NewsSUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP — In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Premier Health Miami Valley Hospital South will hold Br...
Greene County marriages
Greene County NewsAug. 12Noah I. Crane of Beavercreek and Micah J. Hopkins of Beavercreek applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage Aug. 20.Zac...
Gloria attends a muddy buddy wedding
It was a beautiful fall morning on Oct. 7. My husband Daniel and I were walking the mile spanning the distance from our house to the home where a wedd...
Kings celebrate 50 years
XENIA — Donald and Norma (Lipscomb) King celebrate 50 years of marriage on Oct. 15, 2016.They were married at United Methodist Church in Xenia i...
Matthew Ball to perform at Opera House
Greene County NewsCLIFTON —The Clifton Opera House will welcome attorney-turned-musician Matthew Ball, also known as The Boogie Woogie Kid.The b...
Letters to the Editor
Say yes to GMHEditor:I have just recently finished having physical therapy at Greene Memorial Hospita. The therapists and their assistants were very n...
Remembering Hap Scmidt
GREENE COUNTY — Harold Schmidt, known as “Hap” was born in 1922 in Ross County. During World War II, he was a member of the US Coast...
The fire at Lammer’s barrel factory
At the corner of Patterson and Shakertown Roads in Beavercreek, many years ago there was a company which provided chemical recycling and barrel recond...
Our culture has not changed; sexual assault still rampant
It all began with one simple tweet.Writer Kelly Oxford, after listening to interviews about the “locker room” and sexual assault took to T...
The establishment of Cedarville Township
Cedarville Township was not established until Dec. 6, 1850. The 23,000 acre territory was taken from portions of Xenia, Miami and Ross Townships and l...