HLC reaffirms WSU’s accreditation
Greene County cycling event attracts record numbers
One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility
Court interpreters a part of due process
Voting open in Greene County Archives contest
- Museum to welcome MathAlive! exhibit Saturday - 8:30 am
- Masonic Center holding blood drive - 8:30 am
- Seniors tour Air Force Museum - 8:30 am
- One year in, Hope Spot organizers eye new facility - 2:19 pm
- Court interpreters a part of due process - 12:11 pm
- Voting open in Greene County Archives contest - 12:29 pm
- New WU president ready to work - 10:32 am
- Longtime Beavercreek battalion chief retires - 3:58 pm
- WSU pulls out of debate - 2:25 pm
- U.S. 35 superstreet project receives state funding - 11:20 am
- Students learn offensive, defensive hacking tactics - 11:13 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Wilberforce names new president - 11:34 am
- City rejects public service contract proposal - 9:12 am
- Greene County Probate Court to close for upgrades - 9:11 am
- Information issued on fatal crashes in Greene County - 9:11 am
- Yellow Springs Home Inc. celebrates 20th home - 9:10 am
- Housing providers to offer assessments for services - 9:10 am
- Local Knights collect for Measure-Up Campaign - 9:10 am
- Pokemon Go game benefiting new, shy WSU students - 9:09 am
- Yellow Springs Historical Society to host mural presentation - 9:09 am
- Online radio station has local appeal - 9:32 am updated: 1:14 pm.
- Deputies asking for help in identifying human remains - 5:12 pm
- Greene CATS to celebrate 15 years - 8:16 am
- Cedarville radio app a success - 8:16 am
- FVPC receives donation - 8:15 am
- Slow Roll movement continues in July - 8:15 am
- CPD announces debate details - 12:23 pm
- Enix named assistant superintendent - 11:02 am
- New Tecumseh principal named - 10:49 am
- Community provides mixed input on Greene County Land Bank - 4:59 pm
- Anniversary leads to hunt for Beavercreek house - 2:39 pm
- Beavercreek officers granted third lawsuit delay - 11:02 am
- SpringsFest to start new tradition in YS - 12:48 pm
- Male infertility: one couple’s story - 10:58 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 10:56 am
- Local student studies abroad - 8:21 am
- McClellan awarded agriscience education scholarship - 8:21 am
- Decision 2016: One building for two schools - 8:33 am
- Beavercreek schools hires new director - 8:30 am
- Fairborn celebrates Fourth of July - 8:30 am
- Fourth-‘born’ - 8:29 am
- Cox announces final honor roll - 9:56 am
- Volunteers bring Fourth of July celebrations to life - 10:00 am
- History of aprons - 8:05 am
- Country roads, take me … to Jamestown - 8:05 am
- Xenia native CEO of credit union - 8:05 am
- New Kroger to open in early 2017 - 1:57 pm updated: 8:08 am.
- Xenia finance director gets new contract - 10:33 am
- Mall salutes the armed forces - 8:24 am
U.S. 35 superstreet project receives state funding
XENIA — The superstreet project for U.S. Route 35 in Beavercreek Township has received a $5 million commitment in state funding.The funding, whi...
Students learn offensive, defensive hacking tactics
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE — Five teams of eight individuals competed against each other at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Monday to find ...
RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech
The Ohio delegation to the Republican National Convention received a visit from “Down Under” during its kickoff breakfast Monday.Australia...
Wilberforce names new president
Gazette News ReportWILBERFORCE —Dr. Herman J. Felton Jr., has been named president at Wilberforce University, the school announced Monday.Felton...
City rejects public service contract proposal
By Scott Halaszshalasz@civitasmedia.comXENIA — Xenia City County Thursday rejected a third-party recommendation for terms of a new contract betw...
Greene County Probate Court to close for upgrades
Greene County NewsXENIA — Greene County Probate Court will be closed July 27, 28 and 29, while the court transitions to a new software system. B...
Instead of making history, Spieth trying to ignore it
By Doug FergusonAP Golf WriterSPRINGFIELD, N.J. — Jordan Spieth walked with purpose down the long corridor toward his locker, not stopping to lo...
Column: IOC bows to Putin and Russian dopers
By Tim DahlbergAP Sports ColumnistOnce again, the people who run the Olympics just can’t say no to Vladimir Putin.Not when he spends more than $...
A look at Baseball Hall of Fame inductees Griffey Jr. and Piazza
The Associated PressCOOPERSTOWN, N.Y. — A look at the players to be inducted July 24 into the Baseball Hall of Fame:GEORGE KENNETH GRIFFEY JR.: ...
Local Sports Briefs
AUTO RACINGKil-Kare Driver Standings(As of July 2)SUPER PRO1. Jason Ford, Beavercreek 12 points2. Ryan Burba, Beavercreek, 11 points3. Michael Sturgil...
Four Marauders selected to SIAC Preseason All-Conference Team
For Greene County NewsMONTGOMERY, Ala. - The Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference has named Clim Robbins, Nehemiah Coward, Deonate Gary and Al...
Lozano jolts the Joes
By John Bombatchjbombatch@civitasmedia.comXENIA — “Hip Hip, Jorge!”With each strikeout, Jorge Lozano’s Xenia Scout teammates w...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Jamestown couple to celebrate 50th
JAMESTOWN — Danny and Patty Lyons will be married 50 years Friday, July 22.The couple has one son, Dan, and one daughter, Amy Pratte. They have ...
Malones celebrate 60 years
FAIRBORN — Esther and Arnold Malone of Fairborn were married June 23, 1956 in Waverly, Ohio by Rev. Andrew Workman.The couple celebrated their 6...
By Rosanna BaumanThe first time I met Herman, it was under somewhat somber circumstances, but it was definitely laughter at first sight. It was nearly...
Greene County marriages
Greene County NewsJune 8Robert C. Strawsburg of Milwaukee and Samantha N. Buzzard of Milwaukee applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on...
DeWine expands advanced training opportunities
Greene County NewsCOLUMBUS — In response to last week’s ambush murders of five law enforcement officers in Dallas, Texas, Ohio Attorney Ge...
Greene County marriages
Greene County NewsJune 7James M. Garvey of Beavercreek and David M. Hicks of Beavercreek applied for a marriage license. Date of marriage not on recor...
Battle lines are being drawn in the workplace over more than just the thermostat setting.It looks as though the generational shift in employee mindset...
Get up and age in better health
Has anyone else noticed, as we get older, that there seems to be an ever increasing concerto of “pops and cracks” to herald each morning...
Letters to the editor
Fireworks festival appreciatedEditor:Thank you for the events of July 1. It was well attended and we enjoyed the fireworks display. We realize there a...
Know Ohio’s livestock tampering laws for fair season
Dr. Tony ForsheySummer marks the beginning of fair season – a time when thousands of 4-H youth all across the state showcase the animal projects...
Banks don’t commit crimes, bankers do
By Jim HightowerUntil the feds charge reckless bankers individually, they’ll shake down shareholders to bail them out for misdeeds.Hey, stop com...
Those petty annoyances
By Bill TaylorIt seems to me that we all have those petty annoyances in our lives - you know, those pesky little nuisances that irritate us far more t...