- Boonshoft researchers study use of marijuana edibles - 11:49 am
- XHS seniors awarded millions in scholarships - 11:48 am
- Xenia Community Schools Foundation awards scholarships - 11:48 am
- Some individuals at WPAFB advised to seek alternative water - 11:44 am
- Bellbrook Class of 2016 to graduate - 5:01 pm
- Museum fourth building to open - 4:34 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 2:41 pm
- Arrest made for Greenon threat - 4:38 pm
- SeniorPalooza set for Tuesday - 3:19 pm
- Xenia cash flow deficit may not be as bad - 12:23 pm updated: 12:28 pm.
- Wright-Patt Credit Union opens new center - 2:37 pm
- CASA volunteers sworn in - 2:36 pm
- Freezing/canning workshop scheduled - 2:35 pm
- Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team to play at WSU - 2:35 pm
- Be aware during stormy weather - 2:32 pm
- Two join Enon PD - 2:31 pm
- Museum offering weekly tours - 4:31 pm
- Chorus to present 55th annual show - 4:30 pm
- Lots going on in Xenia schools - 4:29 pm
- Young entrepreneurs selling products - 4:29 pm
- OVI checkpoints set for Thursday - 10:41 am updated: 11:24 am.
- Seven inducted into Fairborn Hall of Honor - 6:19 pm
- Airport closed for improvements - 1:22 pm
- WSU forms presidential search committee - 12:06 pm
- DeWine announces settlement for blind vendor at WPAFB - 12:00 pm
- Locals to graduate from Clark State - 8:38 am
- More housing coming to Fairborn - 5:07 pm
- Hungry no more, mom giving back - 5:05 pm
- Fairborn police reports - 8:31 am
- Xenia to resume ‘Neighborhood Night Out’ events - 12:16 pm
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 12:00 pm
- Pedestrian killed crossing Colonel Glenn Highway - 4:36 pm
- Student brings pot brownies to school - 10:21 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:38 am
- CU students in Shell Eco-Marathon - 3:25 pm
- Hospice to open new Xenia center - 2:18 pm
- Fairborn chamber hosting annual awards banquet - 2:14 pm
- Fairborn up for two awards - 2:13 pm
- Presenters selected for Fairborn schools Hall of Honor event - 2:10 pm
- Cedarville responds to lawsuit - 2:06 pm
- Xenia’s junior royalty - 8:46 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:45 am
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:45 am
- Community invited to learn about health-topics - 5:00 pm
- Food seminar scheduled - 4:58 pm
- New pet supply store opening - 11:13 am
- CSU Chorus welcomes guest conductor - 8:08 am
- XHS band needs new uniforms - 8:07 am updated: 3:53 pm.
- Fairborn Municipal Court - 8:06 am
- Fairborn police reports - 8:06 am
Xenia cash flow deficit may not be as bad
XENIA — Members of Xenia City Council Thursday received some potentially good news regarding the city’s cash flow shortage.During a specia...
Wright-Patt Credit Union opens new center
Greene County NewsCENTERVILLE – A special ribbon-cutting reception was held May 11 to celebrate the opening of Wright-Patt Credit Union’s ...
CASA volunteers sworn in
Submitted photoSeven new volunteers for the Greene County Juvenile Court’s Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program were recently sworn i...
Freezing/canning workshop scheduled
Greene County NewsXENIA — OSU Extension Greene County will host a freezing and canning workshop from 6-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 24. The event w...
Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team to play at WSU
Greene County NewsFAIRBORN — The blast from an improvised explosive device in Iraq cost him his leg and his purpose. Jonathan Herst begged his f...
French Open Lookahead: Nadal-Groth; Djokovic, Williams start
By Howard FendrichAP Tennis WriterPARIS — Rafael Nadal has lost two French Open matches in his career. His first-round opponent has lost only on...
Derby winner Nyquist’s trip to Belmont delayed by fever
By Richard RosenblattAP Racing WriterNEW YORK — Two days after the first loss of his career, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist has developed a sligh...
Newgarden turns fastest lap in final full Indy 500 practice
By Michael MarotAP Sports WriterINDIANAPOLIS — Josef Newgarden had the fastest car Monday in the final full practice for the Indianapolis 500.Le...
Local Sports Briefs
COLLEGEBaseballFucci named Horizon League Batter of the WeekINDIANAPOLIS — Wright State senior outfielder Ryan Fucci has been selected as the Ho...
Djokovic and Nadal could meet in French Open semifinals
By Samuel PetrequinAP Sports WriterPARIS — In his quest to complete a career Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic could have to beat nine-time champion Ra...
Organizers say 67 percent of Rio Olympic tickets sold
By Stephen WadeAP Sports WriterRIO DE JANEIRO — Rio de Janeiro Olympics organizers say 67 percent of available tickets have been sold.Ticket dir...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Gloria serves up schoolhouse rhubarb dessert
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookToday, we as a church had an excellent time together at what we call our “annual school picnic.”For the last ...
Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Parks upcoming events
Gazette News ReportBELLBROOK — The Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Parks will host a variety of upcoming programs held at the Community Center. Call 937-84...
Hospitality Center awards scholarship
Gazette News ReportXENIA — Hospitality Center for Rehabilitation and Healing awarded a $500 scholarship to Xenia High School senior Shelby Shous...
Greene County Fish and Game recognizes volunteers
By Larry MooreMoore OutdoorsThe Greene County Fish & Game Association annual fish fry provided the opportunity for the club leadership to recogniz...
Gloria attends an auction and serves up Trail Mix Bars
By Gloria YoderThe Amish CookFirst, a friendly “hello” to our reader friends who read this column in the Ledger-Independent in Maysville, ...
America must renew its infrastructure or face decline
By Jesse JacksonAmerica is literally falling apart. In Flint, children were poisoned in the lead contamination of the water. In Washington, the subway...
Remembering Dr. S. C. Ellis
XENIA — Dr. S.C. Ellis was a founding partner of Medical Service Associates, one of the first group medical practices in the United States. He w...
Detach and de-stress from politics
By Gery DeerDeer in HeadlinesA July 2014 article in The Washington Post included a headline that read, “Politicians are the No. 1 cause of stres...
More focus needed on medical mistakes
By Jay AmbroseFirst, do no harm. Doctors get that. They embrace it. It’s nevertheless the conclusion of a major study that medical mistakes kill...
Trump needs money fast; isn’t that an odd turn?
By Andrew MalcolmIn a strange election cycle of unexpected, unpredictable, often inexplicable events, here’s the latest topper: The richest pres...
Clinton, Trump offer voters a stark choice
By Carl P. LeubsdorfTalk about an untraditional election!American presidential races generally match two veteran male politicians. This year, neither ...